Women’s Health & Nursery
Medical Services for Women & Newborns in Park County
If you have any questions about the Cody Regional Health Women’s
Health and Nursery Department feel free to call us at 307-578-2210. You
can also reach the OBGYN Clinic at 307-578-2770.
The Cody Regional Health Women's Health and Nursery Department is a
comfortable, supportive environment where state-of-the-art technology
and care are blended with qualified and compassionate physicians, nurses
and health care practitioners to meet the healthcare needs of women and
newborns in the Big Horn Basin.
At Cody Regional Health, patient-centered care is our philosophy. The team
in the Women’s Health and Nursery unit strives to give individualized,
therapeutic care and to provide an environment of healing. In addition
to maternal and newborn care, we also provide personalized and sensitive
care to women who have undergone surgical procedures.
Preparing for Newborns
Pregnancy is a physically demanding time for women. Our nursery center
is combined with the women’s healthcare clinic so that expectant
mothers can receive comprehensive care without having to travel between
For our expectant mothers, we offer:
- Comprehensive prenatal classes to help prepare you for your birth experience
and caring for your newborn.
- Spacious maternity suites designed to create a home-like environment, giving
our expecting and new mothers the highest comfort level possible.
- A relaxing steam room to help soothe tight muscles and relieve discomfort.
- A complimentary chair massage that offers a healing touch and relaxation
by board-certified therapists.
- The opportunity for healthy newborns to have immediate skin to skin contact
with their mothers after delivery.
- Nurses trained to provide lactation support.
- A special meal for all new parents to enjoy before going home. You can
select menu options such as steak or shrimp.
Our support doesn’t end when you go home. You can expect a phone
call from a nurse after your discharge to follow up on your healing and
to insure you understand your care at home, and to answer any questions
that you may have.