Cody Regional Health Emergency Department
Dial 911 Now If You Have an Emergency
For all of your emergency needs, Cody Regional Health’s emergency
services staff is here to serve you and your family. Call 911 for emergencies,
307-578-2450 to reach the ambulance desk, and 307-578-2000 for the emergency
room front desk.
The emergency department of Cody Regional Health in Cody, Wyo., is dedicated
to providing excellence in patient care.
Our emergency department is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The
highly skilled physicians and nurses are trained providers of:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Trauma Life Nursing Core Course
When should you visit the Emergency Department?
It can be confusing to decide when your medical condition warrants a trip
to the emergency department. Here are a few examples you may experience
before coming to the emergency department at Cody Regional Health:
- Breathing Problems
- Cancer Complaints
- Change in Mental Status (such as confusion or difficulty waking or unusual behavior)
- Chest or Upper Abdominal Pain or Pressure
- Continuous Bleeding
- Coughing Up or Vomiting Blood
- Diabetic Complaints
- Heart Problems
- Kidney Stones or Kidney Complaints
- Obstetric Complaints
- Neurological Complaints other than Migraines
- Poisoning or Drug Overdose
- Sudden Dizziness, weakness or change in vision
- Severe Burns, cuts, punctures or bites
- Severe or Persistent Vomiting
- When in doubt, always come immediately to the emergency department.
As a designated area trauma center, our physicians are also trained in
advanced trauma life support. We also coordinate life flight services
with hospitals in Billings, Salt Lake City, and Denver to arrange emergency
transfers for critical patients needing services beyond the capabilities
of Cody Regional Health.
Cody Regional Health’s ambulance personnel respond to requests for
emergency medical services (EMS) within the communities of Cody, Meeteetse,
and Wapiti. In addition to the hospital district, these services also
cover Sunlight, Crandall, Beartooth Plateau, and adjacent areas within
Park County, covering an area of more than 4,550 square miles. In addition
to 911 calls, EMS provides advanced or basic non-emergency transfers for
patients requiring transport to other hospital facilities outside of the
Cody Regional Health service area.