Cody Regional Health Psychiatry
Treatment for Emotional & Behavioral Health Disorders
Psychiatrists are specialists in mental health and substance use disorders.
Their treatment is aimed at mental health, which plays a major role in
the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
In psychiatry, imaging tests and surgical procedures are not commonly,
if ever, used to diagnose a patient’s condition. Instead, psychiatrists
draw on their in-depth knowledge of human behaviors and psychology to
identify mental health issues that could be improved with treatment. You
can think of psychiatry as a verbal form of treatment, where results are
reached through communication and moderate medication.
Meet Our Psychiatry Team
Scott Pollard, MD, specializes in general psychiatry and addiction medicine.
- Board-certified in psychiatry
- General psychiatry residency at West Virginia University Hospitals
- Internship at Scott and White Hospital, Austin State Hospital
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Sandra Nelson, MD, specializes in adult and child psychiatry.
- Board-certified in child and adolescent psychiatry
- General psychiatry residency at the University of New Mexico
- Child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at University of New Mexico